i was fired for something that i did not do. in the state of vermont does my former employer have to give me my job back?

i was falsely accused of theft. the cops got involved and cleared my name.

1 answer  |  asked Aug 10, 2016 08:10 AM [EST]  |  applies to Vermont

Answers (1)

Roger E. Kohn
This is not as simple a question as it sounds. If you were falsely accused of theft and fired, you might have a claim for wrongful termination. You might then be able to get your job back or compensation. The question is whether the employer acted improperly in firing you, which depends on what the employer knew and how it acted. You are not automatically entitled to your job back.

posted by Roger E. Kohn  |  Aug 10, 2016 7:41 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers