I was terminated by my employer on June 21, 2004. At that time my employer offered to pay me through the end of the month. However, when I recieved my check, it was not what we agreed upon. Do I have any recourse? I am willing to pay a consultation fee if need be.

1 answer  |  asked Jul 2, 2004 09:26 AM [EST]  |  applies to Illinois

Answers (1)

Aaron Maduff

This really becomes a contract issue. An oral contract is enforceable though you do have to prove that it exists. But whether or not it will be worth paying an attorney to pursue depends on how much money is at stake.
Aaron Maduff

posted by Aaron Maduff  |  Jul 2, 2004 12:41 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers