Non-Exempt Overtime while travelling on company business

Non-exempt employees who travel to conferences and who will be working more than 8 hours a day-
Can we pay our employees a travel wage instead of their work wage when they travel? IF so, can you give me some guidelines and how do we then calculate for overtime (for those days when late dinners are included-shmoozing type of events...can we put a cap on how much time an employee will be compensated for them?)
Thank you.

1 answer  |  asked Apr 16, 2003 2:47 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Janet M. Koehn
free consultation?

you should address this question to your corporate hr department, and/or your corporate attorneys. in addition, you always can address questions of this type to your local office of the department of labor standards enforcement.
janet m. koehn

posted by Janet M. Koehn  |  Apr 16, 2003 3:24 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?