I am taking guardianship of a new born baby with in 24hrs of birth do i qualify for care of newborn

Do i qualify for fmla or cfra?

1 answer  |  asked Jun 27, 2001 1:53 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Janet M. Koehn
fmla care for newborn

it probably depends on what kind of "guardianship" is involved. the regulations require that you have the primary responsibility for the care of the infant. you probably qualify if you are a foster parent, a person intending and commencing the process of adoption, or a court-appointed guardian for a family member. you might not qualify if this is an informal arrangement for a relative or friend.
you will need both an attorney experienced in employment (especially family leave) law, and also a family law specialist.
janet m. koehn
ventura ca

posted by Janet M. Koehn  |  Jul 1, 2001 01:22 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers