I am losing my job due to reduction in force and I am being paid 8 months salary in severance. I am told they plan on paying me on a pay card in one lump sum. My bank is a small independent bank and does not take the cards. Am I entitled to a check if I r

Do I have the right to request a check for severance instead of a pay card (credit card). The check will be rather large and my bank does not accept the pay cards. No bank will allow me to get the full amount on the card in one payment. I am still employed until 10/23 so the card has not been processed yet and won't be until 10/30.

0 answers  |  asked Oct 15, 2015 3:35 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers