Emotional Abuse from employer

I have suffered under frequent berating by my employer. He is often screaming disrespectfully, unprofessionally, and rudely. Fequently he curses and uses profanity directed at me. My actions do not prompt such behavior. I have tendered my resignation from this position for this reason; the emotional stress and harrassment I receive is simply not worth the paycheck. I am wondering if there is any sort of claim that I can reasonably make in this circumstance.

1 answer  |  asked Jan 9, 2004 01:16 AM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson

You should consult a local attorney to see if you have a claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress. The basic elements of this claim are that the conduct is severe and outrageous, it was intentional and that you suffered severe emotional distress as a result.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Jan 9, 2004 1:42 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

New Jersey Employment Lawyers

Thomas McKinney Thomas McKinney
Castronovo & McKinney, LLC
Morristown, NJ
Alexander Nemiroff Alexander Nemiroff
Archer & Greiner, P.C.
Haddonfield, NJ
Fred Shahrooz Scampato Fred Shahrooz Scampato
Law Office of Fred Shahrooz Scampato, P.C.
Westfield, NJ
Jonathan Nirenberg Jonathan Nirenberg
Rabner Allcorn Baumgart & Ben-Asher, P.C.
Upper Montclair, NJ
Natalia Shishkin Natalia Shishkin
The Nirenberg Law Firm, LLC
Hackensack, NJ

more New Jersey Employment Lawyers