Changing Attorneys

I am currently represented by an attorney on a contingency basis on an employment law case; however, I want to use a different attorney. This subject is not addressed in the signed agreement. Can I advise the first attorney that I want to terminate his services and request a release?

1 answer  |  asked May 13, 2003 7:50 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson
termination of attorney

Yes, you may terminate your attorney. However, you may be bound by the fee agreement. Many attorneys will go ahead and give you a release, depending on how much work they have done on the case. Sometimes the current attorney can work out a referral fee arrangement with your new attorney. You need to address these issues with your current attorney.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  May 13, 2003 10:13 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers