My work truck was broken into and a little over a thousand dollars worth the product was stolen. The company was aware that I didnt have locks for the truck months before the theft. Now they are docking my pay to pay until the thousand is repaid.

1 answer  |  asked Jul 6, 2006 04:14 AM [EST]  |  applies to Massachusetts

Answers (1)

Judith Miller
docking pay

Generally, an employer is not permitted to dock your pay to repay a debt owed to the employer, except for an advance on wages. You can contact the Massachusetts attorney general's office to file a complaint against the employer. You should know that it is also illegal for the employer to take action against you for exercising your right to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office.

posted by Judith Miller  |  Jul 6, 2006 05:48 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?