income tax not filed

Dear Sir:

My name is Jo-anne Serra and I used to work in a japanese lounge for 5 months. Now, I called them for my w-2 forms and the manager said he doesn't know anything. Everytime they give me wages , they take out tax. Can I sue thrm for damages for deducting from my salary and not filing the taxes? I have a email from my employer for a SETTLEMENT...

Let me know my rights please. Thank you very much.



1 answer  |  asked May 29, 2005 5:49 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Janet M. Koehn
do not sign

DO NOT SIGN the "settlement" email, or otherwise accept it, without talking to an attorney skilled and experienced in employment law, and specifically in wage and hour law. you may unwittingly be participating in a crime if you do so. at the very least, you should notify the california franchise tax board that your federal taxes have not been paid, and that you have no w-2 for those wages. the franchise tax board will be glad to do an audit of the business and if it appears that taxes and other payroll withholdings were not paid, will prosecute the company.
you can find an attorney in your area by going to the cal employment lawyers assn website,, for a list of attorneys in your area.

posted by Janet M. Koehn  |  May 30, 2005 1:48 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers