black eye and busted lip in the workplace????

I have worked as a bartender at a country club for two years,a week ago I was hit in the face with intent by a co worker. I was senior to this person by 1 year at no time did I provoke this violence , the manager was aware of the clash and that this employee had committed transgessions in the past against other employees. what can I do??

1 answer  |  asked Jun 15, 2003 11:17 AM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson

If you are asking about legal options, you could sue the employee that hit you. You might also be able to sue the employer, but there may be an issue with worker's comp. I suggest you seek the opinion of a local attorney.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Jun 16, 2003 8:42 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers