as a nj employee can i take njfmla to care for my adult daughter who will have a c section.

my employer says "no" unless she is mentally challenged, which she is not.

1 answer  |  asked Feb 2, 2010 2:49 PM [EST]  |  applies to New Jersey

Answers (1)

Natalia Shishkin
If you fit other eligibility requirements of the NJ FLA and FMLA, you can take leave to take care of you daughter if she has a "serious health condition." The condition can be both physical and mental. Shortly after a C-section many women would be considered to have a "serious health condition." For more specific advice, please contact our firm, Resnick & Nirenberg, PC at (973) 781-1204.


I am licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. My response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question.

posted by Natalia Shishkin  |  Feb 8, 2010 07:43 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers