Singled out for paycut

My employer recently cut my pay from $11 to $9 an hour claiming that business was down and he cut my hours too. However even though he claimed that everybody was getting a pay cut, I found out that I was the only one who had been singled out and that everybody else stayed at the sme pay. He went further by discussing my pay while in the presence of another employee which I found humiliating and therefore an attempt to make quit. Do I have any recourse?

1 answer  |  asked Apr 7, 2009 10:25 PM [EST]  |  applies to Kansas

Answers (1)

Albert Kuhl

Unfortunately, the only recourse for this type of mistreatment arises from assessing whether you are in a protected category, such as age (over 40), gender, national origin, race, or disability status. If you can prove that other employees not similarly protected were preferred by the employer, you may have a claim for unlawful discriminatory treatment. Feel free to contact my office in Lenexa, Kansas if you desire more information.

Albert Kuhl

posted by Albert Kuhl  |  Apr 7, 2009 11:57 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Illinois Employment Lawyers

Matthew Custardo Matthew Custardo
Custardo Law, LLC
Lisle, IL
Eugene Hollander Eugene Hollander
The Law Offices of Eugene K. Hollander
Chicago, IL
Antoinette Choate Antoinette Choate
Choate Herschman LLC
Chicago, IL
Stephen Glickman Stephen Glickman
Stephen A. Glickman, P.C.
Chicago, IL
Aaron Maduff Aaron Maduff
Maduff & Maduff, LLC
Chicago, IL

more Illinois Employment Lawyers