I entered in to a severance pay agreement with my former employer. A dispute has arisen regarding company property. The company stopped payment of severance pay. I requested for furnishing of Severance Pay Plan original document.As per the summary plan description in my agreement, the plan administrator is required to furnish the plan document within 30 days. Otherwise the plan participant can file a case in federal court. The court can order payment of $110 per day to the participant. Even after 8 months and 3 reminders, the plan administrator did not furnis the plan document and using delaying tactics. I want to proceed legally. Can some Chicago Lawyer provide me information to contact and proceed further.

1 answer  |  asked Jul 14, 2004 9:08 PM [EST]  |  applies to Illinois

Answers (1)

Aaron Maduff

Normally, people use this site for legal questions. But in this case, you seem to need an attorney. Call us at 312/276-9000. Or if you prefer, feel free to contact any of the other attorneys on this site directly.
Aaron Maduff

posted by Aaron Maduff  |  Jul 15, 2004 08:51 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers