Previous employer refused to give paycheck and won't send W2

Please help me. I worked for a company for a very short period of time, however long enough to receive a paycheck. They lied about mailing my check to and after over two month stated they refused to give it to me. I asked for my W2 and they stated it would be mailed the last week of January. I never received it and have called back at least 4 times a week. I have been lied to and told it was mailed and was told it was mailed to two addresses when only one was provided. My personal information was sent out to a random address if it was ever sent out. They will not let me speak with the owners and I never get a call back. Please help me. I have called the IRS and they sent a letter and stated I can estimate my wages. This company has lied, kept my paycheck and sent my information to a random address.

1 answer  |  asked Mar 5, 2016 03:00 AM [EST]  |  applies to Pennsylvania

Answers (1)

Doris Dabrowski
Employees can file a Pa. Wage Payment Collection Law claim for unpaid wages and damages with the Pa. Dept. of Labor & Industry or in court within 3 years of the date on which wages were due.

posted by Doris Dabrowski  |  Mar 7, 2016 10:03 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers