My doctor will only certify FMLA leave once a year

I don't know what to do or what I can do. I live in Ohio and my employer
wants us to recertify every 30 days, which is okay for me I don't use this
too often.

But my doctor has a different point of view, He feels by law he is to fill these papers out once a year, My employer needs them every 30
days, they say that they can do that by law, I don't know what the law
is on this but what I want to know is should I do something or is my company
right, I know you don't give out advice thats not what I'm asking for, just
want know what the law is who's right.

thank you for your time,


1 answer  |  asked Mar 15, 2001 8:29 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
You should get another doctor for your FMLA leaveGenerally speaking, your employer is correct. If your doctor will not give you the certifications required to take medical leave and still keep your job, get another doctor. Some exceptions apply to the 30 day rule. Go to the FMLA regulations on this issue at href="" for a complete answer.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Feb 19, 2001 6:55 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500