Legal recourse

I have a non-compete with my former Mortgage lending company. In the non-compete, there was no specification on geographic boundary.

Recently, when my old company found that i was with a new mortgage lending company, they threatened law-suit to enforce the non-compete.

My current employer wrote to them about the non-compete as to what they would like to do about it because I need my broker license to be transfered to the new company. My old employer gave my new employer the green light to transfer my license.

Last week, when I was about to close a loan, they send me a letter from the attorney about non-compete and did not allow my client to close the loan with us.

I ended up surrendering the loan to them after doing all the work. Do I have any legal recourse to get the fees back from my previous employer? The borrower is a referral through a mutual friend of us.

How can I also stop them from threatening me and my new employer about non-compete agreement that I have signed with my old employer. Thanks

1 answer  |  asked Jul 23, 2003 08:44 AM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (1)

Trey Henderson

Your question is much too complicated to answer without reviewing the agreement and talking with you. The basic answer is that you possibly have a case against your former employer for tortious interference with your business. I suggest you seek a local attorney's advice on the matter.

posted by Trey Henderson  |  Jul 23, 2003 09:21 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers