I've been notified by my former employer (a Fortune 50 company) that they made a mistake (in my favor) and are asking me to return the money. Am I obligated to return the over payment. What legal recourse do they have to collect it?

I was offered early retirement which I didn't take. Two weeks after the deadline I was part of a Work Force Reduction (layoff) but since I was over 55 and met all of the retirement criteria I was automatically considered retired. My former employer mistakenly payed severance for both WFR and Early Retirement. They contacted me about two weeks after funds were deposited into my bank account to return the over payment.

0 answers  |  asked Aug 6, 2016 1:54 PM [EST]  |  applies to Washington

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers