I need an attorney to review a severance agreement. How do I go about finding one?

I receive a severance agreement on 12/31/14 and need to have it reviewed by an attorney. How do I go about finding an attorney?

2 answers  |  asked Jan 10, 2015 1:22 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (2)

Arkady Itkin
Many employment attorneys review and advise on severance agreement, for a moderate fee.


Arkady Itkin
San Francisco & Sacramento Employment Lawyer

posted by Arkady Itkin  |  Jan 10, 2015 8:01 PM [EST]
Neil Klingshirn
Here is MEL's employment lawyer directory:


I also recommend the lawyer directories at

- National Employment Lawyer's Association (NELA.org);
- California Employment Lawyer's Association and
- WorkplaceFairness.org.

The attorneys on these directories primarily represent individual employees, rather than companies.

Once you find attorneys in your state specializing in employment law who represent employees, check out their:

AVVO.com profile
Lawyers.com profile
LinkedIn profile

AVVO and Lawyers.com providing ratings by other lawyers and clients. Also, Google their name. Google turns up the darnedest things.

Lawyers who publish, speak and write a lot are among the best and most helpful advocates.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Jan 10, 2015 3:11 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500