I left my job at taco bell and I never received my last paycheck. I got terminated for job abandonment. Does that give then the right to do that? It's been over a week

What can I do to get my payment?

1 answer  |  asked Oct 1, 2020 5:28 PM [EST]  |  applies to California

Answers (1)

Ken Koury
contact the CA Labor Commissioner. they can get your check and they can get you a penalty of one days pay for every day the pay is late. their services are free. you do not need a lawyer.

posted by Ken Koury  |  Oct 2, 2020 6:44 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers