I am requesting that in my two months of severance pay, all taxes and deductions be eliminated and the gross amount of my check be paid into my retirement fund. Is this okay to do so?

I am being terminated after 34 years due to some errors but the real reason is that I am 73 years old. Is this legal or should I consult with an attorney? I asked for another year of employment but was told "no".

0 answers  |  asked Apr 22, 2016 05:24 AM [EST]  |  applies to Virginia

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers