Government Contractor revising own policy

I work for a gov't contractor, we are under the SCA and are to receive an X amount of vacation time on our 1st anniversary date and ea aniver date there after My employer chose upfront to have their own policy which went above the SCA. They allowed us to accrue time from start date and to begin using it after 6 months. They have now decided to change their policy and go with the SCA requirements only. In doing this they are holding us all back a year (redoing our first yr requirements). So, from Jan 2004 until my anniversary date in Feb 2005 they have given me (on my anniv date 2004) 18.4 hours instead of the 120 hours that I am entitled.

1 answer  |  asked May 22, 2004 9:23 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Ann Lugbill

1. Contact the Wage & Hour Division of the Department of Labor in your area or at least consult the DOL website for information on the SCA. There may be other SCA policies that are not being followed.

2. If there is no applicable SCA provisions, then you will have to rely upon state law, which requires a review and analysis of all documents regarding vacation pay to determine whether you have any legal rights. Unfortunately, as a practical matter, those may not be easy or practical to enforce unless you leave.

posted by Ann Lugbill  |  May 23, 2004 07:20 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers