FMLA LWOP meant reduction in performance award

I am a federal government employee who invoked FMLA rights to care for terminally ill mother. I was given only 80% of a performance bonus because of my LWOP for FMLA. I have a formal grievance being instituted by the AFGE (union) but since no posters are in the building and they appear ignorant to the rights of the act, I would like to take more action. What can I do and where do I go to do it?

1 answer  |  asked Oct 14, 2003 2:05 PM [EST]  |  applies to North Carolina

Answers (1)

Reagan Weaver

You can try the US dept of Labor. They administer the FMLA and accept complaints concerning it. In Winston-Salem, you have a fine law firm that practices employment law -- Elliott, Pishko, Gelbin & Morgan. I know several of the partners at this firm. I expect them to charge for a consultation though.

posted by Reagan Weaver  |  Oct 14, 2003 3:08 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers