Do we have to provide workers' compensation coverage for our ex-pats? We already pay their US withholdings and the equivalent for their residence in the UK.

We have an employee in another country and he gets paid through our local bank and it is auto deposited to his bank here as well. We pay his fed withholdings here and the equivalent of the UK SUI. We are switching our payroll company to a PEO who is refusing to pay him, saying that we need to pay him through the country where he is situated and use this PEO's foreign service company because they do not show him on our work comp policy. I told them to include him on our work comp policy here in Dallas, but we do not have a work comp policy for his current location.

0 answers  |  asked Nov 16, 2017 2:54 PM [EST]  |  applies to Texas

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers