Can an employer decrease your rate of pay for stepping down when no raise was given?

I willingly and voluntarily took a position without getting the increase for the position. Then several years later I decided to step down from that position, and my employer decreased my rate of pay by $ .40/hr. I was wondering if they could legally do this and if I have a case to fight for my money that I deserve.

0 answers  |  asked Jun 28, 2010 6:19 PM [EST]  |  applies to Mississippi

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers