retaliation or whistle blowing ?

Since filing complaints against my supervisor, my position with my company have become unbearable. Since raising the question of sexual harrassment by my supervisor against employees within the organization, I was suspended for 1 day without pay for what they said was performance related. Is there anything I can do ?

1 answer  |  asked Dec 22, 2004 10:40 AM [EST]  |  applies to Illinois

Answers (1)

Donna Ballman
Whistleblowing in Florida

I can't vouch for other states, but in Florida you are a protected whistleblower if you object to or refuse to participate in illegal activity, which would include discrimination and sexual harassment.

There are also protections under Title VII and state law to protect people who object to discrimination and sexual harassment.

You should check with a lawyer who practices in your state to see if there are similar protections.

Donna Ballman

posted by Donna Ballman  |  Feb 15, 2005 5:11 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?