What can be done as we are being accused of receiving unemployment benefits while husband was employ

My husband is being accused of receiving unemployment benefits from the State of IL while working in 2009. When the letter was initially received we sent a letter to the IDES from an attorney immediately. They have ignored that letter and continue to withhold unemployment (husband is laid off again). We have proof there was no money deposited during the time they are accusing him of receiving the funds! We are beyond frustrated at this point because we can not pay bills due to falsely being accused from this state. Any advice?

1 answer  |  asked Sep 17, 2010 2:49 PM [EST]  |  applies to Illinois

Answers (1)

John Otto
There is a procedure to appeal a determination that you have been employed while receiving unemployment benefits. I can't tell from your question in which step you are. If the letter from your attorney was the appeal, then there should have been a response to that and the opportunity to appeal a further step. The best course of action is to go back to your attorney and show him the documents you have and ask whether he filed an appeal.

posted by John Otto  |  Sep 20, 2010 07:46 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers