My former employer owes me over $5000 but has now declared bankruptcy; how can I collect?

I am owed over $5,000 in backed wages and reimbursements due to bad checks and non-payment by my former employer. After several attempts to contact them and a wage claim made with the department of labor, I now find out in an email from my former employer that the IRS has shut them down and they have declared bankruptcy. How do I go about collecting on what is owed to me now, and will I even get it?

0 answers  |  asked Oct 1, 2010 10:07 AM [EST]  |  applies to Minnesota

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers