My doctor messed up my FMLA paperwork on flare-ups from the previous paperwork can I have him back date the new paperwork to cover days missed

My doctor said he filled out my FMLA paperwork the same way the old one was filled out. But he messed up on my flare-ups. Can I have him back date it for days missed?

1 answer  |  asked Jun 6, 2017 4:47 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Neil Klingshirn
I see no reason why your doctor could not clarify the certification to make it more accurate. S/he should be transparent that it is an after the fact clarification, though.

posted by Neil Klingshirn  |  Jun 7, 2017 06:57 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Contact Neil Klingshirn

Neil Klingshirn
AV rated Super Lawyer and Employment Law Specialist
Independence, OH
Phone: 216-382-2500