My doctor has advised me not to drive because I've been having dizzy spells and blackouts.

Most of the questions I've seen are in regards to companies refusal or disregard for FMLA. My question involves my neurologist's refusal to complete FLMA paperwork that my company has supplied to them. Is this standard practice if they have stated I am unable to drive to work for 90 days ?

Thank you for your time

1 answer  |  asked Oct 28, 2011 12:37 PM [EST]  |  applies to Ohio

Answers (1)

Bruce Elfvin
Your company can request that the treating physician in a self-care FMLA situation give information to allow the company to act appropriately. It is part of most company's process and procedure.

You probably need to see an employment lawyer near you. You can select one at

posted by Bruce Elfvin  |  Oct 28, 2011 5:10 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers