I've been working for the same company 24 yrs. After my boss passed, the new boss demoted me immediately and 3years later accused me of stealing, then fired me. I'm very upset and depressed. Can I sue?

My boss accused me of stealing then fired me. I've been discriminated against by this man. I've worked for this company for 24 years. I was coming upon my 25th year when he falsely accused me. I did not steal. I do not steal. I do not have a police record. I'm very stressed and depressed. Please help!

1 answer  |  asked Feb 12, 2020 9:49 PM [EST]  |  applies to Colorado

Answers (1)

Nina Kazazian
You might have rights or claims, but you need to schedule a consultation with an attorney to evaluate your situation. You don't say when you were let go, but if your case involves discrimination claims, in Colorado you have to file a charge of discrimination (with the Colorado Division of Civil Rights or the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission--I recommend the CCRD) within 180 days to preserve them. Please don't wait. if you don't already have an attorney, there are many resources for you to use to find one. Please take action immediately so you don't lose your rights.

posted by Nina Kazazian  |  Apr 25, 2020 4:27 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers