I was terminated after over 30 years of employement due to outsourcing and was not given a severance or anything related to info that should've been provided by OWBPA. Do I have any recourse?

I am over 50, was an employee in good standing and had just received a raise and a performance bonus. No severance was offered. When I left I received no paperwork that I heard should have been offered to me by the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act. Do I have any recourse against former employer?

1 answer  |  asked Mar 27, 2017 5:46 PM [EST]  |  applies to Massachusetts

Answers (1)

Kate Fitzpatrick
You will need to get into much more detail with an employment lawyer about your circumstances in order to determine if you have any legal claims available to you. If so, it's possible those could serve as the basis for a severance agreement. Feel free to contact me through my website if you would like.
Best regards,
Kate Fitzpatrick

posted by Kate Fitzpatrick  |  Mar 28, 2017 05:30 AM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?