How do I complete a W-4 for a lump sum severance?

I have just signed a letter of agreement to receive a lump sum severance payment. I obviously would like to minimize my tax payment on this money. How to I complete my W-4 to save on taxes?? I've been trying to get advice from a CPA but no luck yet and they are pushing for my W-4. Can I put EXEMPT on the W-4 and then pay the taxes when I get the advice? I understand that I have to pay my part and the employer part of Social Security taxes out of this settlement.

0 answers  |  asked Feb 3, 2015 09:14 AM [EST]  |  applies to Maryland

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm

more Virginia Employment Lawyers