Can I use FMLA for my father's knee surgery in another country?

I work and live in Maryland. I would like to take FMLA leave for my father's knee surgery. He lives in a different country. Am I eligible to take FMLA leave for care of father out of country? Is doctor certificate needed for the same? If so, is the certificate from another country accepted by US companies? Please help.

0 answers  |  asked Jun 11, 2019 11:10 AM [EST]  |  applies to Maryland

Answers (0)

No answers were found for this question.

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers