Can I add a future employer reference inquire clause to a employment separation agreement

20 years of service with company- severance offered but concerned the employer will black ball me from future employer reference

1 answer  |  asked Nov 27, 2011 6:42 PM [EST]  |  applies to New York

Answers (1)

Patricia Pastor
You can certainly negotiate, if your employer is willing, before signing the separation agreement. If your employer seems less than willing, you may want to have an attorney negotiate it for you. Best of luck.

posted by Patricia Pastor  |  Nov 27, 2011 8:10 PM [EST]

Answer This Question

Sign In to Answer this Question

Related Questions with Answers

Have an Employment Law question?

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers