Answers Posted By Malik AHMAD

Answer to My job has failed to pay me in 1 month can I quit and file unemployment still? Been there 2 years

You should not quit, and keep on working. You can only be qualified for unemployment if you have enough credits on this job ir the immediate job preceding this one. Still, they don't pay you, then you file complaint with the department of Labor, State of Nevada.

posted Aug 8, 2019 12:32 PM [EST]

Answer to Am i a case of Discrimination ans/Wrongful Termination?

Your former employer is violating both Nevada wage laws and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA). There is only payroll which pays you regardless which location you are employed. Also, you have one employer regardless of various businesses. I would strongly suggest to talk to an attorney for further guidance. If you want to call my office and make appointment, our number is (702) 270-9100, and I would gladly meet you. Find other similarly situated people, and now we have a strong case, but again, I have to determine the merits of your case first.

posted May 18, 2017 09:57 AM [EST]

Answer to Can me boss tell me to shut the f**** up and tell me there is no excuse for stupidly. .

Unfortunately, he is not violating any law by doing or saying this. His behavior, atrocious it may be still not violating the laws. However, it may be violating the personnel code of conduct and ethical behavior. for which you or everyone else should see the HR or your high up. This behavior is intolerable from any company stand point.

posted May 3, 2017 08:11 AM [EST]

Answer to I have been providing cleaning services for a company for the last 11 years. 7 days a week. Never once have been paid any benefits such as paid vacation, health insurance or overtime. (We are not on the clock, I come in after hours and get paid a salary)

This is totally unfair. Because there are lots of issues involved concerning overtime, employment benefits which cannot be openly discussed, I strongly suggest to see a local Nevada licensed attorney in this regard.

posted Apr 12, 2017 4:28 PM [EST]

Answer to I am a area mortgage manager and I was told I signed a non compete to recruit employees from the company. Can they really do this?

Non compete clauses are enforceable as long as they are (1) reasonable, (2) not overboard (3) within the reasonable geographical limits.

posted Aug 21, 2016 12:38 PM [EST]

Answer to my homecare boss/owner shortening my hours on my paycheck in reno,nv who do I make complaint to

Go to Nevada Labor Commissioner's website, and file complaint against your employer. Easier, simpler and no cost.

posted Aug 17, 2016 2:59 PM [EST]

Answer to Peace work pay and hourly

Your question is bit confusing here. Not enough facts are provided here to see if your are (a) an employee (b) an independent contractor. The wage laws mostly applies to hourly employees. It seems you are paid per job and it is likely that you are an independent contractor. Still, no one has a right to short change your wages. Because not enough facts are given here, there is no definitive opinion can be provided. As such, I suggest, you should seek a local counsel in this regard.

posted Jun 28, 2016 4:13 PM [EST]

Answer to What do I do?

You may be entitled to workmen compensation. Ask your employer to file C-3 form and fill it out and let them take care of the rest. Because this is an intentional tort, your employer has no direct responsibility in matter of either assault or battery. I seriously doubt if there is any vicarious responsibility in such intentional tortious conduct.

posted Dec 8, 2015 6:59 PM [EST]

Answer to can cashing a sererance check void collection of unemployment?

Your severance agreement shows that you have not been terminated, your unemployment's entitlement is only given to you if you are terminated. You should let an attorney see your severance settlement to find the fine print language. Many times you can be entitled also. However, you perhaps needs to negotiate to make this a part of your severance agreement. Also, this severance agreement advises you to see an attorney.

posted Sep 16, 2015 5:45 PM [EST]

Answer to I was working in a warehouse in Las Vegas, NV which didn't adhere to any OSHA standards. Additionally, drugs and alcohol were commonly used by other employees in and around the warehouse...some of these employees operating machinery. Lastly, the warehouse

FOR AN appeal to the denial of an unemployment, you can call my office at (702) 270-9100. Remember, there are only 11 days to file an appeal. You can meet with OSHA representative. For illegal aliens, you can call INS. There is hefty fine for hiring illegal aliens.However, your issues can only be resolved with your own particular position, and not an overall breach of your employer.

posted Sep 5, 2015 12:17 PM [EST]

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers