Answers Posted By Patty Rose

Answer to My company was bought by another company; can the new company refuse to cash out PTO if I quit?

It is possible that the PTO will be viewed as wages and must be paid out within the last payroll period following separation. L&I enforces this law as can private lawyers.

Feel free to contact me should you desire a more formal consultation.

Patty Rose

posted Sep 26, 2019 9:40 PM [EST]

Answer to Do I go through EEOC before contacting an employment lawyer for wrongful termination?

I represent individuials before the EEOC and after the EEOC and there is no fixed answer. So I would suggest contacting someone such as myself for some advice before filing but it is not absolutely necessary. I am available by phone and would be willing to do a short consult with you or schedule a more formal meeting. Another source for lawyers is />

Patty Rose
206 622-8964

posted Aug 2, 2018 3:23 PM [EST]

Answer to I was recently laid off and told it was because the position was eliminated. There were 4 people that held the same title and position that I did. 2 men and 2 women. the company eliminated the positions of the 2 women. One of the men was provided privileg

Yes, you may; please call my office if you wish to talk about a consultation. I am on a deadline today but could talk briefly.

Patty Rose
206 622-8964

posted Apr 6, 2018 10:59 AM [EST]

Answer to Thank you!

I would be happy to evaluate this with you in a consultation but from first glance, ti does look broad enough to encompass work with other agencies.but these cases are very fact specific and a unique form of contract. I would suggest some research and review.

You can reach me through or 206 622-8964.,

Patty Rose

posted Feb 5, 2018 2:15 PM [EST]

Answer to Forced to clock out

The answer is generally no. Please feel free to call for a more detailed consultation if you wish or to hear how I approach matters. Feel free also to look at />

Patty Rose
206 622-8964

posted Jan 30, 2018 1:05 PM [EST]

Answer to I'd like to know what my rights are

This question involves the intersection between workers' compensation law and disability discrimination law but superficially it sounds like you have a serious situation. Please contact me at my web site or phone number if you want to explore a consultation with me.

Patty Rose
206 622-8964

posted Nov 30, 2017 10:37 AM [EST]

Answer to Can I take legal action if I'm getting bullyed and my HR/Supervisors don't do anything??

There is a new organization being formed in Washington State to address workplace bullying. Feel free to contact me.

Patty Rose
206 622-8964

posted Sep 24, 2017 7:02 PM [EST]

Answer to Wrongful discharge Lawyer

I am unaware of any employment lawyer in Wenatchee. Try other Eastern Washington attorneys on

Patty Rose

posted Aug 13, 2016 5:39 PM [EST]

Answer to Personal safety

Quit With Good Cause

The standard for getting Unemployment Compensation is whether you "quit with good cause". That standard is getting harder and harder. Alot will be based on what you and your employer say and the judge who would decide if one of you appeals.
I do not know on what basis you think you have been discriminated agaisnt in wages. Are you talking gender, race, age, or some illegal factor or just that you think you are not being compensated fairly? The latter is likely not unlawful.
Feel free to call my office if you want to schedule some time to consult.

Patty Rose

posted Jul 22, 2004 5:29 PM [EST]

Answer to Response can't be located on the site

Possible discrimination

I am assuming that you are saying that they would accommodate someone with a physical disability or some other reason who needs to fly out earlier, or others with family needs-The standard for accommmodation is different than other forms of discrimination. Are you aware of any instances when they have accommodated others with "special needs"?

There may be a state and federal law issue here. Feel free to call my office at (206) 622-8964 or go directly to my website at www.giget.comoselaw />
Patty Rose

posted Jul 22, 2004 3:48 PM [EST]

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Edward Lowry Edward Lowry
Charlottesville, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Sutter & Terpak, PLLC
Annandale, VA
Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Sheri R. Abrams PLLC
Oakton, VA
Matthew Kaplan Matthew Kaplan
The Kaplan Law Firm
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers