Answers Posted By colleen ramage

Answer to severance compensation for commissioned salespeople


Thank you for your inquiry. Under PA law, you do not have a legal right to receive severance payments from your employer. Unless your employer has a policy (preferably in writing) that outlines the company's formula for giving severance, there is not much you can do. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Colleen E. Ramage

The above is not a legal opinion and cannot be relied upon as such. There is no attorney-client relationship by answering the posed hypothetical question, which does not have sufficient facts to render an opinion. Should you wish to get a legal opinion upon which you can rely, the only way is to hire an attorney in your local area who can get all of the facts, research the law and explain your options to you.

posted Apr 25, 2001 6:09 PM [EST]

Answer to on call dispute with for profit hospital.

most likely

I would suggest that you contact the PA Dept. of Labor to file a claim for any unpaid hours during which you provide a required service by your employer.

posted Apr 10, 2001 10:29 AM [EST]

Virginia Employment Lawyers

Sheri Abrams Sheri Abrams
Needham Mitnick & Pollack, PLC
Falls Church, VA
Matthew Sutter Matthew Sutter
Wade, Friedman & Sutter, P.C.
Alexandria, VA
Gerald Lutkenhaus Gerald Lutkenhaus
Virginia Workers Compensation & Disability Lawyer
Richmond, VA

more Virginia Employment Lawyers